This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the Marketing Operations team. The role holder is tasked with helping to drive the ambitious membership growth plans through:
- The successful planning and delivery of a marketing plan that contributes to the acquisition of new CBI members because of its focus on demonstrating the impact, and therefore the value, of CBI membership.
- Driving attendance and delegate income through a range of event acquisition campaigns involving both paid and unpaid delivery channels.
- Providing management information and project support.
The role sits within the Marketing Operations team, reporting into the Marketing Communications Manager.
Delivering a high-quality acquisition communications plan
- Manage and maintain the 12-month rolling acquisition plan that helps drive acquisition through lead generation, delegate income and sponsorship revenue.
- Produce and deliver lead generation campaigns to generate and qualify new prospect information for our sales teams.
- Produce relevant campaign assets e.g. copy (social and online), video, animation to support overall delivery of wider campaigns
- Develop and deliver event campaigns to drive either attendance and/or delegate income for commercial events
- Ensure relevant web content in relation to acquisition activity is always current and focuses on why CBI membership is important to business
- Manage the creation and delivery of marketing materials for acquisition campaigns as necessary and copy material for all marketing channels.
- Implementation of a range of marketing projects and communications tactics.
Supporting best in class sales processes
- Produce and maintain supporting sector stats for usage within proposals to support account managers and the business development team.
- Produce and maintain any relevant agreed sales collateral with the sales team.
Providing information management and project support
- Campaign reporting to ensure acquisition targets are being met and ROI is optimised.
- Produce campaign evaluations to assess all aspects and provide insight and learning for future similar campaigns.
- Growth of CBI membership and lead generation data.
- Demonstrable ROI on Campaign activity and beyond, including ongoing pipeline conversion.
- Positive member feedback on CBI member communications and channels of delivery.
- Positive feedback from colleagues across the CBI on member communication and support collateral.
- Building a strong CBI network and profile.
Knowledge and Experience
What an individual must know or understand to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements:
- Recognised marketing and/or communications qualification with 3+ years’ experience in delivering a multichannel comms plan.
- General knowledge/interest in business affairs, national and regional policy
- Demonstrable knowledge of producing and delivering multichannel campaigns that have proven to drive up customer usage and product adoption.
- 3+ years’ experience of comms delivery within a B2B environment.
- Experience of developing strong and impactful content marketing campaigns.
- Knowledge and understanding of customer segmentation and how best to leverage this to deliver impactful campaigns.
- Experience of using marketing delivery systems, Eloqua / CRM / CMS to produce, personalise and deliver engaging, relevant customer communications.
- Experience of manipulating complex marketing data, such as marketing lists and communications metrics to report on campaign performance and demonstrate ROI and manage customer contacts to optimise the customer experience and engagement.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite – especially Excel and PowerPoint.
Below are the CBI skills and levels of skills expected for this role based on the pay band it sits within. View the CBI Skills Framework for further information, including descriptions and indicators of each skill.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Copywriting skills
- Interpersonal and networking skills, comfortable dealing with senior members of the organisation
- Commercial focus
- Great attention to detail
- Self-motivated and focused on delivery and results
- Good organisational and team working skills
- Ability to work under pressure/meet tight deadlines
- Ability to be think laterally and solve problems
- Ability to build strong relationships – both internally and with key stakeholder
The behaviours and characteristics required to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements
- Collaborative – Listening, seeks views of others, collaborative; Will challenge when appropriate.
- Taking ownership – Ensuring delivery and holding others to account; can influence, irrespective of hierarchy
- Agile – Proactive and responsive to provide a strong member service; Improves throughout change: Resilient and adaptable to changing priorities
- Commercial – Awareness of the wider business environment; provides ROI whilst delivering exceptional service.
- Innovative – Exploring, sharing and integrating best practice; generating new ideas and challenging a mind-set of “what we’ve always done”
- Analytical – Ensures data is accessible and up to date; is prepared for stakeholder engagements; uses insight and logic to influence.
At the CBI we recognise the advantages that flexible working patterns can bring. We’ll always fully consider flexible working and we will aim to facilitate different patterns of work wherever we can. We have great I.T. support which allows our people to work from a variety of locations, and we aim to strike the right balance between work and life.
How to apply
For all applications please email your CV and portfolio to email@example.com.