This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a forward thinking, high profile team that are looking to recruit for a Desktop Analyst reporting to the Head of IT to offer effective technical desktop support of new and existing systems.
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining and supporting business solutions based on Microsoft desktop technology and other leading software vendors.
The role requires a hands-on knowledge of desktop technology. The incumbent shall have a good understanding of the role of IT in a business and some knowledge of Facilities and AV within a business environment.
This role is an important member of the Corporate Services Helpdesk. As part of this role you will need to help manage both the IT and Facilities helpdesk. Ensuring that all CBI staff (including regional and international staff) are fully supported. This is a technical IT role and as part of this you will be expected to support current systems and learn new software when required. As part of this role you will also help junior colleagues in the team.
- Delivering tasks on time to high quality standards.
- Offer IT support of desktop applications and systems.
- Responsibility for supporting AV and telephony solutions.
- Acknowledged by peers as an expert in CBI Desktop Infrastructure.
- Maintain desktop support documentation.
- Follow department procedures where appropriate and assist in the implementation of new processes.
- Ensuring quality standards are adhered to by self and fellow members of the team.
- Share technical knowledge with IT team members.
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support as required
- Assisting with office moves where appropriate.
- Managing meeting room set ups.
- Help manage the Facilities helpdesk.
- Manage courier bookings when required.
- Monitor the Enquiries mailbox.
- Help manage the building management system (air conditioning etc).
- Help manage the access control system.
Knowledge & Experience:
What an individual must know or understand to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements
- Administration knowledge of Microsoft Exchange.
- Experience of supporting and administering Microsoft Windows Server and desktop clients.
- Strong knowledge of popular desktop applications i.e. Office.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to convey technical concepts and information to both technical and non-technical people.
- Effective co-ordination skills – able to prioritise and execute competing activities.
- Experience in supporting a SharePoint environment
The CBI has six key behaviours that are expected across the business. For this role, we would expect the individual to role model these behaviours to the team and encourage and review the team using the behaviours as a lens. In practice for this role:
- Collaborative – Strong interpersonal skills and an excellent understanding of customer service; Proven ability to work within a team.
- Taking ownership – A professional and mature attitude to deal with a range of internal and external stakeholders, ensuring delivery of tasks.
- Agile – The ability to work under pressure, ensuring responsive service and responding positively to changing priorities. Show flexibility when supporting staff and stakeholders.
- Commercial – Awareness of the supplier contracts within IT and Facilities, including the management of these contracts.
- Innovative – A self-starter with the ability to come up with fresh solutions and ideas.
- Analytical – A standard and sensible approach to problem solving and a good eye for detail.
At the CBI we recognise the advantages that flexible working patterns can bring. We’ll always fully consider flexible working and we will aim to facilitate different patterns of work wherever we can. We have great I.T. support which allows our people to work from a variety of locations, and we aim to strike the right balance between work and life.
How to apply:
Please submit your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Desktop Analyst' as the subject.