This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the Marketing Operations team. The role holder is tasked with helping to drive the ambitious membership growth plans through:
- Management of the CBI’s digital intellectual property via it’s internal content management system.
- Being the implementation lead on online content optimisation
The role sits within the Marketing Operations team, reporting into the Head of Marketing Operations.
Delivering high quality member communications
- Ownership of publication of digital content and its placement on cbi.org.uk including management of the CMS gateway to ensure correct placement and protection of rich content.
- Collaborate with other internal colleagues to develop site content, style and layout to optimise content.
- Proof read all digital copy before publication for grammatical, spelling errors, etc.
- Produce copy as required to support the delivery of both acquisition and retention campaigns.
- Support delivery of SEO strategy through adoption of good SEO practices.
- Work with Product Managers to generate ideas for content/blogs that members will find useful and add to the their digital / online CBI experience.
- Collaborate with colleagues in the Corporate Communications team to ensure campaign integration and alignment.
- Produce and maintain online editorial guidelines to aid colleagues in TOV when producing online content.
Management Information and project support
- Perform and manage content audit annually to ensure site complies with current industry best practice.
- Use Google Analytics to demonstrate ROI and trend behaviours.
- Oversee tagging on content throughout the site to ensure SEO visibility.
- Retention and growth of CBI membership.
- Positive member feedback on CBI member communications and channels of delivery.
- Positive feedback from colleagues across the CBI on member communication and support collateral.
- Building a strong CBI network and profile.
Knowledge & Experience
What an individual must know or understand to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements
- Recognised marketing and/or journalism qualification with 5+ years’ experience delivering a rich content plan.
- Experience in an online publishing environment and a demonstrable track record of working with CMS systems, especially Umbraco.
- General knowledge/interest in business affairs, national and regional policy.
- Demonstrable experience of producing content to support multichannel campaigns that have proven to drive up customer usage and product adoption.
- 5+ years’ experience of comms delivery within a B2B environment.
- Experience of developing strong and impactful content marketing.
- Knowledge and understanding of customer segmentation and how best to leverage this to deliver impactful campaigns.
- Able to use Adobe Photoshop or similar software to edit photos to illustrate articles and create photo galleries.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite – especially Excel and PowerPoint.
Below are the CBI skills and levels of skills expected for this role based on the pay band it sits within. View the CBI Skills Framework for further information, including descriptions and indicators of each skill.
Planning & organisation
Research & using information
Strategic & business thinking
Managing & leading others
Additional role specific skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal and networking skills, comfortable dealing with senior members of the organisation.
- Commercial focus.
- Great attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and focused on delivery and results.
- Great organisational and team working skills.
- Ability to work under pressure/meet tight deadlines.
The behaviours and characteristics required to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements
- Collaborative – Listening, seeks views of others, collaborative; Will challenge when appropriate.
- Taking ownership – Ensuring delivery and holding others to account; can influence, irrespective of hierarchy
- Agile – Proactive and responsive to provide a strong member service; Improves throughout change; Resilient and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Commercial – Awareness of the wider business environment; provides ROI whilst delivering exceptional service.
- Innovative – Exploring, sharing and integrating best practice; generating new ideas and challenging a mind-set of “what we’ve always done”
- Analytical – Ensures data is accessible and up to date; is prepared for stakeholder engagements; uses insight and logic to influence.
How to apply
For all applications please email your CV to email@example.com