This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the Marketing Operations team. The role holder is tasked with helping to drive the ambitious membership growth plans through:
- Ownership and management of the CBI’s corporate website and any associated programs and software.
- Being the implementation lead on digital optimisation for the CBI.
The role sits within the Marketing Operations team, reporting into the Head of Marketing Operations.
Delivering our digital enablers
- Manage and maintain cbi.org.uk through gathering requirements and implementing enhancements to the site.
- Co-ordinate downtime and bug fixes with 3rd party agency to ensure best possible stakeholder experience.
- Identification and implementation of new digital tools that meet the needs of the business.
- Ownership and maintenance of Google Analytics dashboard and management of associated tagging solution.
Management Information and project support
- Support delivery of SEO strategy through implementation of UX improvements site wide.
- Support delivery of PPC strategy through implementation of key words and other recommendations.
- Production of business reporting as needed by the business, including statistics and heatmaps on website traffic and site interactions in order to understand usage.
- Increase in visitors to CBI website.
- Positive member feedback on CBI member communications and channels of delivery.
- Building a strong CBI network and profile.
Knowledge & Experience
What an individual must know or understand to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements
- Recognised marketing and/or communications qualification with 5+ years’ experience of managing digital marketing channels.
- 5+ years’ experience of optimisation delivery within a B2B environment.
- General knowledge/interest in business affairs, national and regional policy
- Experience in an online publishing environment and a demonstrable track record of working with CMS systems, especially Umbraco.
- Proficient knowledge of web analytics tools (Google Analytics), user experience, site architecture, and conversion optimisation to be able to analyse and articulate customer behaviour and trend patterns.
- Experience in Eloqua and knowledge of the following would be an advantage: Hootsuite, Hotjar, Google AdWords, in order to be able to optimise the user journeys and experiences.
- Demonstrable knowledge of managing and delivering projects with an understanding of Agile methodologies, in order to be able to manage site downtime and technical enhancements.
- Good working knowledge of .netASP environments, coding experience would be an advantage to fix minor bugs.
- Knowledge and understanding of customer segmentation and how best to leverage this to deliver impactful campaigns.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite – especially Excel and PowerPoint.
Below are the CBI skills and levels of skills expected for this role based on the pay band it sits within. View the CBI Skills Framework for further information, including descriptions and indicators of each skill.
Planning & organisation
Research & using information
Strategic & business thinking
Managing & leading others
Additional role specific skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal and networking skills, comfortable dealing with senior members of the organisation.
- Commercial focus.
- Great attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and focused on delivery and results.
- Great organisational and team working skills.
- Ability to work under pressure/meet tight deadlines.
The behaviours and characteristics required to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements
- Collaborative – Listening, seeks views of others, collaborative; Will challenge when appropriate.
- Taking ownership – Ensuring delivery and holding others to account; can influence, irrespective of hierarchy
- Agile – Proactive and responsive to provide a strong member service; Improves throughout change; Resilient and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Commercial – Awareness of the wider business environment; provides ROI whilst delivering exceptional service.
- Innovative – Exploring, sharing and integrating best practice; generating new ideas and challenging a mind-set of “what we’ve always done”
- Analytical – Ensures data is accessible and up to date; is prepared for stakeholder engagements; uses insight and logic to influence.
How to apply
Please submit your applications to email@example.com
At the CBI we recognise the advantages that flexible working patterns can bring. We’ll always fully consider flexible working and we will aim to facilitate different patterns of work wherever we can. We have great I.T. support which allows our people to work from a variety of locations, and we aim to strike the right balance between work and life.