11 October 2018
- Shaping the Agenda of the National Infrastructure Commission – The CBI has set the agenda of the National Infrastructure Commission. We outlined 8 business priorities for the Commission and are actively lobbying to ensure that the Commission has the powers to hold government to account. The CBI also responded to the Commission's 'Call for Evidence' for the development of the National Infrastructure Assessment. Please get in touch if you want to know more.
- Ensuring that regional devolution delivers better local infrastructure – With increasing levels of devolution to the nations and regions of the UK, the CBI will be working to ensure that the infrastructure agenda is led by business at the national, regional and local levels.
- Delivering major infrastructure upgrades – From the delivery of the much-needed £15bn of planned investments in the road network and £38bn of investment in our railways, the CBI is maintaining the pressure on government to deliver infrastructure projects in the pipeline. We ensure the voice of infrastructure users and providers is heard.
Policy issues affecting the industry
There are some big decisions to be made on national and regional infrastructure over the coming years. By joining the CBI, you can help shape the CBI's dialogue with government, and make the case for improvements to the UK's key infrastructure sectors and priorities.
- Planning – Aligning the planning system with the UK’s infrastructure requirements and ensuring timely decision-making.
- Skills – Resourcing the right skills, here in the UK, to deliver some of the most ambitious infrastructure projects in Europe.
- Investment – Boosting political certainty to secure private investment in the UK’s infrastructure networks.
- Regional Growth – Ensuring that the national, regional and local infrastructure agendas all reflect the needs of business users and boost productivity.
- Transport – Safeguarding the resilience of the UK’s transport networks and ensuring investment for the future.
- Digital – Maintaining the UK’s position at the forefront of the digital revolution through continued investment in the UK’s fixed-line and mobile broadband networks.
How to get involved
Come to our events – As a member you’ll receive invites to exclusive events throughout the year with high profile speakers from business and politics.
Influence our policy – We have a number of forums for members to input into our policy making process, including our Infrastructure board, Transport Policy Working Group and Localism Group.
Get the latest intelligence – Access to insights from across policy and business direct to your inbox by subscribing to the CBI's quarterly updates. Why not follow us on Twitter too @CBI_Infra.
To find out more about how CBI membership can benefit your business, fill out the form below.getinvolved
Find out how CBI membership can benefit your business
We're committed to your privacy. Find out how we look after your data.