In partnership with
Join us at the CBI's Business Rates Conference in London on 8 May in partnership with the International Property Tax Institute (IPTI).
Business rates are a major issue for a lot of businesses who are finding the ever-increasing burden a major factor when making decisions critical to their future growth. With online business and digitisation increasing at a significant pace and Brexit uncertainty looming, now is the right time for Government to act and start thinking about what longer term reform of the business rates system looks like.
This conference is a real opportunity to get this debate going, bringing together both UK and international experts, along with central and local government and ratepayers to highlight why the current system is no longer fit for purpose and set out potential solutions to build a fair and sustainable tax system that works for all.
This conference will bring you face to face with some of the foremost industry experts on Business Rates including:
- David Magor, Chief Executive, Institute of Revenues, Rating and Valuation (IRRV)
- Jerry Schurder, Head of Business Rates, Gerald Eve
- Dr Enid Slack, Munk School of Global Affairs and Public Policy, Toronto, Canada
- Tony Travers, Professor, London School of Economics
Including thought-provoking keynote addresses & lively panel discussions, the day will help you move from awareness to action. Further speakers will be announced in due course including a Government Official.
Who should attend?
All CBI members are welcome. Those most likely to benefit from attending are:
- Finance Directors
- Heads of Tax
- Consultants, Lawyers & Professional Rating Practitioners
- Central and Local Government