Half day conference aimed at inspiring, motivating and challenging current business thinking around innovation. Hear from local businesses on how they boosted productivity.
Innovation is one of our key drivers for economic growth and job creation - and through in-depth plenary presentations, panel discussions and breakout sessions, our expert contributors aim to provide inspired ideas that could improve business performance and lift productivity. This includes, How to drive a culture of innovation and the beenfits of embracing Artificial intelligence (AI). As AI gains momentum, with 42% of companies planning to invest over the next 5 years, we will be outlining the business case for digital adoption and how technology can be applied.
- While there is great work being done across the UK, the broader picture is less rosy: investment in research and development (R&D) has stalled at around 1.7% of GDP for the last 30 years, falling well short of global averages (2.4%).
- There is a similar story on firms adopting technology, whether cutting-edge or day-to-day – in some areas, like content management systems - the UK are the equivalent of a decade behind Denmark.
- Learn more about the challenges and opportunities faced by local business
- Expert led discussion that considers ‘the business impact’
- Opportunity to address the key issues and challenges affecting your industry – how to… work more collaboratively to help your business grow and drive a culture of innovation to boost productivity
- Practical takeaways which can be implemented into your business
- High level networking and sharing of best practice
- Opportunity to influence CBI's work and help shape our agenda strategy
Innovation is at the heart of economic, social and cultural development. It drives productivity, raises living standards and helps to lay foundations for tomorrow’s world. Businesses that embrace new products, processes and technologies become more productive, challenge existing business models and grow quickly, therefore business innovation is fundamental to economic prosperity.
Book you place now
- Members: first 2x trickets are complimentary, then £35 + VAT for each subsequent ticket
- Non-members: £55.00 + vat per person
We're committed to your privacy. Find out how we look after your data.
Read our event Terms and condition (refunds)