Through sessions in Westminster & Whitehall, Brussels, Delhi or Washington DC, a Devolved Nation or English region, participants are given the tools, techniques and contacts to more effectively map their context for doing business and build their engagement and influence with government and other strategic stakeholders.
- Understand how to lead your business in a changing political environment
- Collaborate with a senior and diverse cross-sector peer group
- Real time issues explored through meetings with thought leaders and policy makers at the most senior level
- Expert-led discussions, theory and scenario planning to embed learning
- Best practice from senior business leaders, site visits and case studies
Who should apply?
We encourage applications from all sizes and sectors of business, and from all UK regions.
- Be within 5 years of main board level (or equivalent level for a small or medium sized organisation), already leading a significant part of the business, with a desire to gain a further understanding of the wider political and policy environment.
- Have the support and commitment of their company CEO or Chairman.
- Be prepared to commit ten days of their time over a period of eight months.
- Selection to the programme is competitive and decisions are made by an independent panel of senior business leaders chaired by the CBI President.
The programme is open to applications from individuals employed by any company operating in the UK.
A lively alumni network
The engagement does not stop when the programme ends. Our alumni network, supported by London Business School, gives participants access to a series of exclusive events focused on leadership development, discounts for other CBI events and a monthly newsletter to keep up to date.
All our cohorts continue to meet on a regular basis to share business challenges and best practice.
Locations & logistics
The programme is held over ten days, with two cohorts running over 12 months.
- Starting Autumn 2018: apply now
Typically the programme kicks off with a session in Westminster, and is followed by trips to Brussels, a UK region and then an international destination. The programme wraps up in Westminster and will also include a priority guest invitation to the CBI Annual Conference. Please note sessions are sequenced to maximise political and policy relevance and participants should ideally attend all of the sessions.
The fee for the full eleven day programme is £7,000 (excluding V.A.T) for CBI members and £10,000 for non-members, with an additional discount available for small businesses.
Participants are expected to cover the cost of their transport and accommodation during the programme, but The CBI will provide access to discounted hotel rates and will provide refreshments throughout the sessions. The CBI will also support smooth visa processing for all confirmed participants attending international sessions of the Leadership Programme.
Find out more by downloading our brochure or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org