- Understand what the policy, political and economic landscape means for your business.
- Appreciate how societal expectations and technological progress are changing the role of business and government.
- Know who is influencing change beyond central government and how to engage decision makers.
- Land your key messages and build your influence with different audiences – personally and for your business.
- The Cohort will also be set a project at the end of the course to present their policy proposals to key stakeholders to put into practice the lessons they’ve learned from policy insight to stakeholder influence over the duration of the Programme.
Who should apply?
We encourage applications from all sizes and sectors of business, and from all UK regions.
- Be identified as a high potential senior manager, typically with a minimum of 10 years’ career experience and a desire to gain a further understanding of the wider political and policy environment.
- Have the support and commitment of their line manager and company HR Director.
- Be prepared to commit 8 days of their time over a period of 5 months.
- Selection to the programme is competitive and decisions are made by an independent panel of senior business leaders chaired by the Leadership Programmes Director.
Places are limited to 20 per cohort.
Committed to diversity
A diverse cohort supports innovative thinking and the opportunity for critical challenge and debate. We know that your businesses are thinking through the talent pipeline and how you can support your female talent to move up through the organisation – and we want the CBI Leadership Programmes to contribute to this. As such we aim to ensure the gender balance of each cohort is equal.
A lively alumni network
The engagement does not stop when the programme ends. Our alumni network, supported by London Business School, gives participants access to a series of exclusive events focused on leadership development, discounts for other CBI events and a monthly newsletter to keep up to date.
All our cohorts continue to meet on a regular basis to share business challenges and best practice.
Locations & logistics
Delivered through modules on Westminster & Whitehall, the UK’s devolved regions and nations, and the EU, the programme will mainly be based in London with a trip to a UK region or nation for a focus on devolution. Please note sessions are sequenced to maximise political and policy relevance and participants should ideally attend all of the sessions.
The programme is held over ten days, with two cohorts running over 12 months.
- Spring cohort: starting 29 April 2019
- Winter cohort: starting September 2019
We are offering an introductory price for our pilot programme, starting 29 April, £4,000 (excluding V.A.T and expenses).
Participants are expected to cover the cost of their transport and accommodation during the programme, but the CBI will provide access to discounted hotel rates and will provide refreshments throughout the sessions.
Email email@example.com to find out more.
We're committed to your privacy. Find out how we look after your data.