Workshop at a glance
Using a blend of CBI expertise and guest speakers this full-day workshop will give you a detailed understanding of devolution agendas across English regions and will explore the developments behind the Northern Powerhouse and Midlands Engine strategy. You will explore the factors driving growth in your local area and understand the detail underpinning the Government’s place-based strategy for the UK economy.
Building on the evidence in the CBI’s 'Unlocking Regional Growth' report and our expertise in lobbying and government engagement, the workshops will help you make sense of the changes in the policy and political landscape and what these mean for your local operating environment.
The workshops will cover
- What is driving the success of some LEP areas and holding others back
- How you can help create the best conditions for your business in your region
- Benefits of working together across wider geographies e.g. Northern Powerhouse/Midland Engine
- Who are your key stakeholders are at a sub-national level and where your routes to representation and influence lie
Who should attend
Company directors and managers responsible for operations in UK regions who want to understand more about shaping their external operating environment, regional economy and influencing local stakeholders and decision makers.
Location & logistics
The CBI is able to provide this workshop across all English regions if there is sufficient demand. Based on participant demand and the development of the Northern Powerhouse and Midland Engine strategies, CBI session will typically take place in Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds, Newcastle or London.
- Member workshop price: £420PP excluding VAT
- Non-member workshop price: £550PP excluding VAT
For more information for you or your colleagues, please email your name and preferred location to firstname.lastname@example.org
In-house sessions are also available on request for groups.