Everything you need to know about a customs union and the tough choices that lie ahead
As the UK leaves the EU, the Government will need to make a number of tough choices. What happens with a customs union is just one of them. Policy makers will make better decisions if guided by evidence, not ideology.
Read our factsheet to understand why:
- Frictionless trade with the EU is businesses’ number one priority
- Hardening of the Irish border is not an option for business
- Trade is about far more than trade deals
- Proposals put forward by the Government so far will not deliver frictionless trade and/or will harden the Irish border
- Alongside a deep relationship with the single market, a customs union must be on the negotiating table